Wednesday, June 12, 2013

NGD Solo League - New Additions

A lot of thought has gone into the playing strips of the NGD teams. First and foremost I couldn't see the point of replicating a kit that was already available in the Subbuteo range. If I did then I may as well just use those, rather than design new ones. I also decided that I wanted to put together different base combinations, ones rarely, if ever, seen. The NGD sides are painted on Santiago figures and that range includes 16 base colours. Therefore it is possible to create 256 (if my maths is correct) combinations. If Top Spin replica teams are added to the league in the future, these have different colours and base shades, therefore the possible combinations increase even further - to well over 500.

I feel I've created a visually appealing range of teams that offer something a little different. My ego is not so large, however, that I am blinkered to the fact that most of the kits probably already exist somewhere in the world.

When developing the kits I have shied away from what I would call 'standard kits' preferring to include more stripes, bands and sashes than would usually occur. I've also added less fashionable colours, i.e. yellow has become a popular colour in the NGD. In real life the colour occurs regularly as trim and in away kits but is not a home strip staple.  

Two new additions to the league are pictured below. In my younger days I played for the real life counterparts of both. I have modified the kits to fit in with my design ethos and am pleased with the outcome.


Ford Celtic - Home
AFC Litherland - Home

Litherland host Ford Celtic in the first round of this season's Solo Cup this week. Results to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment