Sunday, June 16, 2013

Heavyweight Subbuteo - Manchester City

I watched a great film last night called 'Once In A Lifetime' - it wasn't about the Talking Heads funnily enough but the New York Cosmos. Released it 2006 it's an absolutely fascinating insight into the team, rammed full of stars like Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, Giorgio Chinaglia and Carlos Alberto and also the North American Soccer League and the men who made it possible. I heartily recommend.

I'd like to follow up with a Cosmos Subbuteo post, but I don't have them immortalised in plastic (something I may well remedy). Instead I am presenting some Heavyweight Manchester City teams.

The link between the two sides is Dennis Tueart, who was in the film and of course the news announced last month of the deal between City and the New York Yankees to bring the Cosmos into the MLS.

Reference 5 - Manchester City - Sky blue outer
Reference 5 - Manchester City - White outer
Santiago Replica Team, with kicking Goalie

No comments:

Post a Comment