Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Reproduction Flats

I've recently received some flat reproduction players produced by Steve at Pendle Falcon. Check out his website here

Steve makes everything from scratch, which is clearly a labour of love. He explained the processes involved in making the bases to me. It was way beyond my comprehension but I can tell that he is very clever and extremely talented when it comes to making authentic Subbuteo style gear.

In his own words, [the] site is about playing Subbuteo (a table-top replica of Association Football, invented in 1947 by Peter Adolph) in the way that was originally intended. That is using flat players with a solid base, a baize pitch, balls and goals of a smaller size (which were recommended for the 'more experienced player', but generally passed over in the development of the modern game).

Steve made Partick Thistle and Blyth Spartan teams complete with kicking goalkeepers (he also sent a rodded keeper (that I neglected to photograph) all housed in lovely team specific boxes.

I haven't had a chance to give them a proper go yet, but am assured by Steve that they play very similar to the original Subbuteo flats. What I can say, with certainty, is that they are a beauty to behold and if they play half as good as they look, I will be a happy man!



3 comments:

  1. They do indeed play as good as they look !

    ReplyDelete
  2. would like to know the size in cms of the player withou the base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Identical to a Subbuteo flat

    ReplyDelete