Monday, May 27, 2013

Wolverhampton Wanderers Zombie

This Wolves and Borussia Dortmund Zombie was one of the first c100 teams I owned, buying this and Coventry 206 on the same day. I remember being disappointed with them, but bought them anyway, pocket money HAD to be spent. The problem was, I was brought up on the HW figure and the difference between the two figure types was just too great. 

I've learned to love the zombie over the years - but it did take years. The hand painted ones are my favourite. I think my major dislike aside their looks is that most of the one I encountered had white inner discs. Of the 5 teams I owned as a kid only one broke that rule. It made it virtually impossible to distinguish the sides from one another.

This side has numbers on their backs - painted very badly but a much younger me. It also features a repainted goalie, a common feature of the teams I owned back then.

Ref 211 - Wolverhampton Wanderers mp

No comments:

Post a Comment