Wednesday, October 30, 2013

SK Beveren (BEL) 70/71

Here is a Belgian side I painted a couple of years ago - SK Beveren of Belgium.  I found the pic on my computer and just had to post it! What a great kit & lovely base combination.



My recent activity on the blog has been very limited as I am currently in the process of painting sides for my solo re-creation of the 1970-71 FA Cup. I've got the vast majority of the sides organised now and will be revealing some of them here in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! I was a huge fan of SK Beveren in my youth. I'm born in 1974 so I missed the best years when they had awesome players (including goalkeeper Jean-Parie Pfaff) but my first game in a stadium was Beveren vs Beerschot (7-0). Now Beveren has merged with other teams from the same area and is called "Waasland-Beveren" and tomorrow I will be watching them in the stadium of Standard de Liège. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vincent, I'm glad to you the team - They are lovely aren't they. Sadly no longer in my possession it's in the UK now. Interesting bit of history on Beveren there - thank you. I don't know much about Belgian club football. I'd love to paint some more sides from the 1970's, I need to do a bit of research on it after I complete my Solo FA Cup Comp. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply. I still follow your blog and you're doing a great job! Keep it up :-) Hopefully you can meet other players and have many great subbuteo games!

      Delete
  3. Hi Vincent, thanks for commenting. The blog has taken a back seat lately but is still very much in my future plans.

    ReplyDelete